3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine/IBMX is a non-selective, non-specific inhibitor of cAMP and cGMP phosphodiesterases. IBMX can induce melanogenesis, and can be used as a positive control in melanogenesis research. In oocyte research, IBMX assists in maintaining the germinal vesicle (GV) arrest of prophase I oocytes.
3-Isobutyl-1-methylxanthine has been used:
• in the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)
• as a culture medium supplement for inducing adipogenic differentiation
• as a supplement in Krebs-Ringer buffer with HEPES (KRBH) solution for inducing glucose-stimulated insulin secretion (GSIS)
• in the characterization of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells
• in cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) assay
• in phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibition
1, 5 g in poly bottle
250 mg in poly tube
100 mg in poly bottle
The increase in cAMP level as a result of phosphodiesterase inhibition by IBMX activates PKA, leading to decreased proliferation, increased differentiation, and induction of apoptosis. IBMX inhibits phenylephrine-induced release of 5-hydroxytryptamine from neuroendocrine epithelial cells of the airway mucosa (IC50: 1.3 μM). IBMX also serves as an adenosine receptor antagonist. IBMX has been shown to inhibit ion channels in the neuromuscular junction, GH3 cells, and vascular smooth muscle cells. IBMX induces calcium release from intracellular stores in sensory neurons.
Features and Benefits
该化合物还作为Sigma药理活性化合物库（LOPAC®1280）中的一部分进行提供，而这是一个具有生物学注释的高品质即用型的筛选化合物集合。 点击此处 以了解更多。
LOPAC 为以下机构的注册商标： Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC