AD 40H S is a commerical grade Hyflon®
AD 40H perfluoropolymer solution in a perfluorinated solvent. This can be considered ready-to-use solution suitable for application in the most demanding solution process technologies.
- Amorphous glassy polymer structure.
- Solubility in perfluorinated solvents.
- Low dielectric constant of 2.0 at 1 kHz.
Excellent optical properties:
- High UV transmittance.
- Low refractive index.
AD can provide uniform and thin films or coatings (down to submicron thickness if required) by casting or coating techniques and thermal treatments, well below are the typical baking temperatures of semicrystalline perflouropolymers.
Key features of Hyflon®
AD amorphous perfluoropolymers:
- High temperature stability.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Excellent hydrophobicity.
- Very low surface energy.
- Low dielectric constant.
- Very high gas permeability and selectivity.
- Outstanding optical properties (e.g. high UV transmittance, low refractive index).
Examples of typical applications include:
- Protective coatings.
- Interlayer dielectric films and pellicles for electronics.