Chlorotrimethylsilane is a chloroorganosilane compound mainly used for silylation reactions.
Chlorotrimethylsilane (TMSCl) can be used as:
• A reagent to protect alcohol and amine groups via the formation of trimethylsilyl ethers and trimethylsilyl amines.
• A catalyst for the preparation of 1,3-diphenyl-2-propenone derivatives (chalcones) as antimicrobial agents.
• A trapping agent for the anions generated during acyloin condensation reaction.
• A better alternative catalyst to the toxic mercuric chloride for the activation of samarium (Sm) during the cyclopropanation of both allylic and α-allenic alcohols.
• A catalyst in the transesterification of triglycerides with alcohols to form fatty acid alkyl esters.
• A reagent along with lithium bromide for the conversion of alcohols to the corresponding bromides.
• A reagent in Fischer glycosidation.
• A source of acid catalyst in the reductive benzylation reaction using benzaldehyde and Et3SiH.
• A reagent to synthesize sodium trimethylsilanethiolate (Me3SiSNa) by reacting with sodium sulfide, which is an odorless alternative method of synthesizing Me3SiSNa from foul-smelling bis(trimethylsilyl)sulfide and sodium methoxide.
1, 2 L in Sure/Seal™
25, 100, 4×100 mL in Sure/Seal™
|Quality Level ||200|
|vapor density ||3.7 (vs air)|
|vapor pressure ||100 mmHg ( 25 °C)|
|autoignition temp. ||752 °F|
|purified by ||glass distillation|
|expl. lim. ||6.4 %|
|impurities ||<0.1% dichlorodimethylsilane|
|refractive index ||n20/D 1.387 (lit.)|
|bp ||57 °C (lit.)|
|mp ||−40 °C (lit.)|
|density ||0.856 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)|
|storage temp. ||room temp|
|SMILES string ||C[Si](C)(C)Cl|
|InChI key ||IJOOHPMOJXWVHK-UHFFFAOYSA-N|
安全声明 (欧洲) 7/9-16-26-36/37/39-45
RIDADR UN1298 - class 3 - PG 2 - Trimethylchlorosilane
闪点（华氏） -18.4 °F - closed cup
闪点（摄氏） -28 °C - closed cup